Got a minute? That’s all you’ll need. Take a break from infinite scrolling through Instagram and listen up, because South African photographer Sheldon Evans can teach you 5 fun homebrew camera hacks in the same amount of time it takes you to read this post.
Videos like this typically rehash a lot of older hacks we’ve seen or shared before, which is why you don’t seem them on PetaPixel as much anymore, but a few of Evans hacks actually caught us by surprise. Check out the video above to see how to:
- Turn a plastic bag into a ‘softbox’
- Use a towel as a video slider
- Create fake bokeh using your computer or a TV screen
- Use a blank CD case to create stylistic lens flares
- Use a match to simulate a ‘film burn’ effect
None of these are going to turn you into the next Annie Leibovitz, but they will give you a few ideas to play around with during your next photo session. So get creative, give all 5 of these a shot this week, and then let us know your favorite.
And if you like this video, check out Sheldon’s YouTube channel for more.
from PetaPixel http://ift.tt/2q1nN53